Terms and Conditions
The General Terms and Conditions under the heading “Terms and Conditions – For Cyber Agents” are an invalid, simplified version of the General Terms and Conditions written for children. No rights can be derived from this version of the General Terms and Conditions, and this version contains strong oversimplifications to make the text understandable and readable for children. These Terms are for informational purposes only. For legally valid Terms and Conditions, please refer to the official Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions - for Cyber Agents
1. General Rules
Thank you for reading “Terms and Conditions”! In fact, it is important that you always do this. The General Terms and Conditions contain the rules for using a website, game or product. Creators also use the Terms and Conditions to protect themselves against people who want to harm. Using HackShield has the following rules of play;
- 1.1 HackShield (that's us) is not responsible if, for example, your computer breaks while playing HackShield. And not if you fall while playing HackShield and break your arm.
- 1.2 We (HackShield) do our best to put correct information in the game. But we also make mistakes sometimes. So we never say that HackShield is perfect!
- 1.3 We assume that you fill in everything honestly! So we think that you have really asked your parents for permission if you want to win prizes or become a Cyber Agent of your municipality.
- 1.4 HackShield is free to play.
- 1.5 Prizes can only be won if stated in the competition conditions.
- 1.6 Prizes and Money Blocks cannot be exchanged for real money.
- 1.7 We (HackShield) may say who may or may not play HackShield. For example, if you hack into the game or bully other Cyber Agents, we may determine that you are not allowed to continue playing.
- 1.8 We may block your account. We do this if you break the rules, bully other Cyber Agents, choose a weird name or create inappropriate levels in the level maker. If you do something that is not listed here but which we think the only appropriate measure is to block your account, we are always allowed to do this.
- 1.9 You may not change JoinHackShield.nl or the game!
- 1.10 You may not just sell or use HackShield images. We hold the copyright to this, or “Copyright” in English.
- 1.11 We may not always be able to keep the game online.
- 1.12 We come from the Netherlands, and therefore follow Dutch law.
- 2.1 If you live in a municipality that is actively campaigning, you may receive a reminder to verify your account. We do not ask for separate permission for this, but we do it automatically if you have not yet been verified and you have a chance to win a prize or honor.
- 2.2 If your account is not filled in completely according to the terms of a competition you will be skipped and the prize will go to the next winner who has filled it in.
- 2.3 Becoming a cyber agent of the municipality and/or being honored is only possible if your parents have given permission for this.
- 2.4 If you have already been honored as a cyber agent for the municipality, you will no longer be eligible for the same kind of honor. The partner competitions have the same conditions, you cannot win the same main prize twice. If this is different in a competition, this will be clearly stated in the competition conditions.
- 2.5 HackShield is made for children between the ages of 8 and 12. If you are older than 12 you can of course just play HackShield, but it is possible that if you are older than 12 you will not be invited to a celebration of, for example, the municipality. This is because HackShield is much easier for kids over 12 years old.
3. Level maker
- 3.1 The levels you create must not cause offense, hurt, discriminate or bully. This is not allowed in the titles, but also not in the level itself.
- 3.2 We may delete your created level(s). We will do this if we believe your level is inappropriate, offensive or against the rules.
- 3.3 We will always make the final decision whether or not to remove a level.
- 3.4 When you create levels that are against the rules, your account may also be blocked.
- 3.5 All levels you create in the level maker may be reused by HackShield, are shared on our social media and are the property of HackShield.
- 3.6 We may always adjust or supplement the rules for the level maker to protect other cyber agents.
It is always important to read the Terms and Conditions. If you read them, you know what your rights are. You were wise enough to do this. That's why you get an extra Shield. Click here to receive your Shield!
Terms and Conditions - for adults
2. Accounts2.1 The player/user guarantees that he/she will always provide correct and complete personal data and other data and information required for the services in a timely manner.
2.2 The passwords and other data provided by HackShield to the player/user are strictly for personal use and must be kept secret. By using the option to become a Cyber Agent of the municipality or to win prizes during or after the registration procedure, the user/player expressly declares that he/she has permission from a parent/guardian or that he/she is older than 18 years of age and authorized to grant access to a player under the age of 18. HackShield reserves the right to remove or suspend accounts with what HackShield deems provocative or unacceptable nicknames or behavior towards other players/users or HackShield. Players/users cannot appeal this.
3. Prices3.1 HackShield Future Cyber Heroes is free to play. No prizes can be won, unless expressly stated otherwise on the website and in other communications. The money that can be earned in the game by the player is fictitious and cannot be paid out and/or claimed.
4. Participation4.1 HackShield makes its game available to the players/users, users/players are responsible for providing an internet connection and/or network that is sufficient to play the game. HackShield reserves the right to deny the player / user access to the game in the event of incorrect and harmful use. It is not possible to correspond about this decision.
4.2 Correspondence and/or delivery takes place exclusively via e-mail and the internet. The user/player is responsible for providing the correct (email) address and other information to HackShield Future Cyber Heroes B.V. The user/player is responsible for correctly setting up any programs present, such as, but not limited to, firewalls, spam filters and virus scanners, so that messages and data sent to the user/player can be received securely.
5. Tributes5.1 If you live in a municipality that is actively campaigning, you may receive a reminder about verifying your child's account. We do not ask for separate permission for this, but we do it automatically when the account has not yet been verified and your child has a chance to win a prize or honor.
5.2 If my child's HackShield account has not been filled in completely (or the municipality and/or e-mail address of the parent/guardian), your child may not be eligible for an award. This is because we require your permission to bring the municipality or partner into contact with your child.
5.3 Some partners or municipalities make video recordings during and after the ceremony. You always have the choice to let your child participate in this. If you choose not to agree to the terms and conditions set out here for you, your child and our safety, your child may not be able to attend a ceremony. In that case, we will look together at an appropriate but different way to reward your child for the lessons learned in the game. Another child will then be invited to take your child's place during the ceremony. This is your right and we understand if you do not agree.
5.4 You can choose to have your child portrayed unrecognizable during this ceremony. For example, there are Junior Cyber Agents who only agree to recordings when they wear a face mask. This is of course not a problem as long as the mask cannot be considered offensive. HackShield has the right at any time to decide to take images of a mask offline, to refuse a mask or to make it unrecognizable if it appears that they are considered offensive.
5.5 Some municipalities and partners give teaching assignments or experiential assignments as a prize at a tribute. Recordings are often made for social media or as news articles for (local) media. If you do not agree to making recordings, your child may not be able to participate in these assignments. Unfortunately, a replacement assignment is not always guaranteed, this depends on the municipality or partner.
5.6 It is possible that a municipality decides not to honor the same cyber agent twice in a municipality competition. Sometimes a previously honored cyber agent has a special role to play during such a ceremony, but that is not always the case. In the event that your child is in the high score during a second competition, but has already received the honor in a previous competition, it is possible that your child is unfortunately not invited. Some partners impose these same conditions in competitions and/or contests.
5.7 If your child is older than 12 years, it is possible that your child will unfortunately not be honored by the mayor. This is because HackShield is made for children up to 12 years old and older children therefore have an unfair advantage over the intended target group.
6. Level maker6.1 Levels should never be perceived as offensive, bullying, discriminate or hurt. If this is the case, we will always use our right to remove these levels without notice. This may also result in your child's access to the game being denied.
6.2 The levels built in the level maker are owned by HackShield and can be used by HackShield on social media without the creator's permission, (often but not always) in combination with the level code and player name.
7. Other provisions7.1 The user/player never has the right to make any adjustments to the Platform and/or the Service, nor does the user/player have the right to make any copy thereof, or to (try to) edit the Platform and/or the Service in any way. . All intellectual property rights concerning digital products, both in whole and in parts, remain unaffected by HackShield. User/player undertakes to refrain from any act that infringes intellectual property right.
7.2 HackShield digital products are copyrighted. It is not permitted to copy and/or distribute/commercially exploit the purchased digital products. The user/player is not permitted to create 'derivative works' by modifying and subsequently distributing or commercially exploiting the digital products.
7.3 User/player indemnifies HackShield against all claims by him or herself and/or third parties arising from disputes about intellectual property rights or the enforcement of these rules. HackShield can never be held liable, even after notice of default, if due to force majeure (any circumstance independent of HackShield that temporarily or permanently prevents the holding of the event, or any case of force majeure at a third party on which HackShield depends) is able to keep or continue the game online.
7.4 The parties are also not allowed to use or disclose confidential information and/or data provided and/or obtained in the context of an Agreement in the event of early or non-premature termination of an Agreement or after the end of the Agreement. of an Agreement. User / player hereby grants permission in advance to HackShield, as referred to in Article 6:159 of the Dutch Civil Code, to transfer an Agreement at a time desired by HackShield, to a third party to be designated by HackShield. If and insofar as necessary or desirable, the user/player also undertakes to confirm prior consent in writing.
7.5 In the event that one or more obligations of these General Terms and Conditions is/are deemed null and void or voidable by the competent court, the other provisions of these General Terms and Conditions will remain in full force and effect.
7.6 This Agreement is exclusively governed by Dutch law.